Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fun in the Snow & Chocolate Chip Cookies

We went to visit Aaron's sister over Valentines weekend. We had so much fun! It is good to see them! It was really snowy down there, and we went out in it! Ally played with grandma and grandpa, they made a snowman!
Breann, Blake, Aaron and I went up into the mountains. We went sledding, it was so much fun! I hadn't been sledding in forever, hiking up the mountain was a little strenuous, but it was great! Here is a picture of us in our snow gear!
I found a recipe on line yesterday for chocolate chip cookies, they were wonderful!!! I thought I would share the recipe.

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour

½ tsp. baking soda

½ tsp. salt

12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm

1 cup brown sugar, packed

½ cup granulated sugar

1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven 325°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Bake for 11-14 minutes

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rebecca McNair said...

YUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one of those!!! They look so good! I am glad you guys had such a fun time on your trip!

Scott said...

Sledding is the best. I haven't been in forever either. Someday. :) Scott took Jeff earlier this year, but I watched after the little guy.

I hope you had a great v-day. Good to see pictures. Such a cute family.

Roulstone's said...

You are so good about sharing your goodness with others. It sure makes it easier on people like me. We need to get together again soon. Who can we marry off next so we can invite ourselves to another reception!? :) Sadie's was sure fun. I love that girl.

Heidi and Josch said...

i have this exact same recipe...but 12 tablespoons of butter? mine calls for 3 i think...so, was that just a typo? this is the best recipe that i have found for chocolate chip cookies. i made them tonight actually, what a coincidence!
see ya tomorrow :-)

Heidi and Josch said...

come on...where is a new post? how are you guys doin?