Monday, August 3, 2009

New York Trip

We went to New York with Aaron's family the middle of July, and I am just finally putting up the pictures. We also went to Niagra falls and Kirtland, but I don't have the pictures from that part of the trip yet, our camera stopped working at Niagra. So here is the first part of out trip. We flew into Rochester and drove to Palmyra. It was beautiful there!!

This is a picture of the reconstructed Smith home, the Sacred Grove is behind it.


Here is the front of the Smith home
This is the upstairs bedroom in the Smith home, that could have been where Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith.

Aaron and Ally as we are walking into the Sacred Grove.

These next pictures are taken in the Grove, it was so peaceful the second you walked in. This was my favorite part of the trip!

Ally was out within minutes because it was so peaceful. They had trails that you could take in the grove and benches here and there.These next Pictures are of the Hill Cumorah. They were set up for the pagent, which we went to and it was amazing!








These next pictures are taken in Fayette at the Peter Whitmer Farm. This is where the church was organized, April 6, 1830.
This is the Visitors center there , it is also a church house.
This is the Peter Whitmer home

The rest of the pictures are of the Palmyra temple, there is a window inside that looks over at the Sacred Grove

The Sacred Grove from the temple







We had such a great time, thank you to Aaron's parents who planned the whole trip!!





















8 comments:

Michelle said...

Ang, I miss you! It looks like you had such a great time! I totally recognized the jacket in one of those last pics. It made me reminisce for some reason:o)Hope you're feeling well!

Chelsea said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun and got to see some really neat things. I would love to go there someday, especially the sacred grove.

Roulstone's said...

Wow! Those pictures are SO amazing Angela! I'm glad you posted them.. It really makes me want to go and see all the sites now. Amazing! I hope you are feeling and doing well. Keep in touch.

Rebecca McNair said...

I am so glad you got to go there and had such a great time! The Sacred Grove was my favorite part too! Love it! Cute pictures too!

Jen said...

What an amazing trip! I can only imagine the spirit there.

The pictures are wonderful.

Heidi and Josch said...

thats so awesome. i hope i get to go see all of those places someday...if not, i guess your pix will do...beautiful.

Tresa Woodward said...

Angela this trip looked like it was so much fun. Also it makes me want to hurry up and get sealed to Jim. We sure look forward to seeing you and Aaron and Ally in November. I sure wish we lived closer so that we could take more vacations like this together.
Love ya
Mom

Tresa Woodward said...

Anglea I miss you and Ally so much and Aaron also I can't wait to see you all. It has been hard enough that I could not go see my dad for his birthday and that is just not right all because of my stupid back. But I will make it all up when we come out to be sealed and to meet the new arrival.
I love you so very much
Mom